With Bikeman's races being scattered throught the state, we find ourselves on little "adventures" many weekends. One such adventure was a stop in the Dells. In addition to riding "the fastest go-carts in the Dells," we explored the empty lake bed of Lake Delton. As most of you probably recall, Lake Delton emptied out into the Wisconsin River when the flooded lake washed out Hwy A, taking an entire home and large portions of 3 other homes with it as the raging lake waters joined into the river. If you want to see this in action, there are many video clips of it on youtube.com. Just do a Lake Delton search.
This is the neighboring home to the one that washed completely away. There is not much left of it...
There was business to be done on this little road trip, too! Bikeman had his 6 hour solo endurance race on Saturday. This particular race was 50 miles of rough terrain that would have most people crying "UNCLE!" after a mile or two!
This is the very last stretch of the trail. It is his final approach as he crosses the finishline. It is the only place along the trail where spectators can view the racers. I was happy to get a photo of him in action.
Here he is, trying to catch his breath, at the end of his 6 hours. He is relatively clean, actually, compared to what he has looked like on wet trails or overly dry and dusty ones!
Bikeman and I had a weekend away for a work-related outing of his. Grandma and Grandpa kept the kids and Mocha for us. We managed to get a picture of the two of us together... an unusual feat!
The kids pose outside a general store/cafe that we visit every time we are in the area. This time they had webkinz on sale... the boys each spent their allowance money on one. I got a coffee, of course! ;)
Brainiac and I waiting for Bikeman to finish his race...
and Chick Magnet and I...
and Mellow Boy and I...


3 comments:
one day, i hope we can have cool adventures again - glad you and Bikeman had some time alone!
OK, phew, I'm caught up! Gonna email you RIGHT NOW.
Hi Amy!
You guys lookgreat! I cannot get over how much your daughter looks like you, and your boys look like Bikeman! Incredible!
Hugs, Jill
Post a Comment