Monday, May 5, 2008

A First Holy Communion Celebration

Chick Magnet received his First Holy Communion this past Sunday, along with 86 other parish children. What a precious time! This photo sums up the gift of that day...
If you look closely at the Communion candle he is holding, you'll see that the flame almost startlingly resembles angel's wings... I was dumbfounded when I uploaded this photo and saw those dancing flames!!!
As Chick Magnet put on his sport coat Sunday morning, his first response was, "I look like a PILOT!!!" Yes, buddy, you do!

After receiving the gift of the body and blood of Jesus for the first time, Chick Magnet made his way back to the pew. I hope that no one heard the muffled "ew..." that accidently came out of his sour expression after sipping the wine...

Here he is posing at the baptismal font. When he was a toddler, we had to physically restrain him from jumping in...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. The kids are getting old. What a special weekend for him. In the last picture, he looks so much like his dad! Wow. Take care....

Anonymous said...

That 1st photo is fabulous!!! :)